Re: WebID default serialization for WebID 2.x

On Sun, 23 Jan 2022 at 12:06, Martynas Jusevičius <martynas@atomgraph.com>
wrote:

> Yes.
>
> curl -k -H "Accept: text/turtle"
> https://kgdev.net/admin/acl/agents/9b0674c0-6904-11ec-aa02-1239e594f8ef/

Thanks for sharing

This is a perfect example of why WebID needs to be deployed better

Most people clicking that link will get what they see as an error.  In that
it doesnt display ordinarily in the browser, because the SSL certificat is
invalid.  This will also prevent many ajax requests

When I look at semantic data in the HTML

Which is great, but the rest of your WebID details is missing:

It neither matches what is seen in curl or in:

https://kgdev.net/admin/acl/agents/9b0674c0-6904-11ec-aa02-1239e594f8ef/?accept=text%2Fturtle

(which is a strange pattern)

And gives:

        <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/name>
                "Martynas Jusevicius" .

Is this even a webid, as you should be denoting an agent.  The type is:

https://w3id.org/atomgraph/linkeddatahub/admin#Agent

Which doesnt give back any indication of an Agent no matter how much curl
you throw at it

In summary.  Issues with this deployment:
- certificate leads to browser errors
- cross origin requests will break
- I didnt see any CORS headers
- the Agent type does not dereference
- different content types give different semantic data

And this is deployment with expert level knowledge.  I got this in 5
minutes of looking

Can you see now why there is a need for better deployment patterns, and
instructions, and making this simpler?