Re: A Quick Note on WebID history

On 8/13/21 11:29 AM, Henry Story wrote:

>> On 13. Aug 2021, at 17:08, Aaron Coburn <acoburn@apache.org> wrote:
>>

>> From my perspective, if the WebID draft simply required "an RDF serialization" rather than a particular serialization, this would allay my principal concern.
> From what I hear this is your concern and I think Kingsley’s concern.
> It does not seem to be a big deal for me.
>
> You are welcome to open an issue on the WebID issue DB here:
>
> https://github.com/w3c/webid
>
> We can see if this creates issues for other deployments, which should help determine
> how to proceed.
>
> I think the spec specifies a default Turtle serialization when there is no mime type
> request.
>
> Henry

Hi Henry,

Making WebID content-type and serialization format agnostic is the only
way forward. That's been the case for the beginning, as I've advocated
repeatedly over the years.

RDF-based specs should at the very least apply SHOULD to both JSON-LD
and RDF-Turtle. Anything less fails the "wisdom of Solomon" test.

BTW -- is this
<https://github.com/webid-community/webid-spec/blob/master/spec/drafts/ED-webid-20100711/index.html#>
the doc to be forked for pull requests? If not, what is the specific doc
URL?

Home Page: http://www.openlinksw.com
Community Support: https://community.openlinksw.com
Weblogs (Blogs):