Re: Recovery of compromised WebID

Hi Kingsley,

Quoting Kingsley Idehen (2019-03-04 16:58:02)
> On 3/4/19 5:26 AM, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> > No self-host-your-WebID turnkey solutions exist yet, to my
> > knowledge, but if some custom tinkering is acceptable, then in
> > addition to my own work above you might consider these alternatives:
> > https://freedombox.org/ and https://internetcu.be/
>

> Hi Jonas,
>
> We have implemented the following in our YouID offering:
>
> 1. X.509 Cert and WebID-Profile doc relations setup for both WebID-TLS
> and WebID-TLS+Delegation
>
> 2. Delivered as a hosted App or Browser Extension.
>
> Thus, if you have a WebDAV- or LDP-compliant data space YouID will
> assist in the creation of a self-hosted data space for your
> credentials (i.e., relations in WebID-Profile doc).
>
> Links:
>
> 1. https://youtu.be/GkD0RCh9kGs -- screencast demonstrating YouID
> Browser Extension and the use of a Solid Pod for self-hosting
> credentials

Yes, I am aware of YouID, but believe it does not (yet) fit my criteria:

When I search (using DuckDuckGo, if that matter) I find
http://youid.openlinksw.com/ - is that the YouID project homepage?

At that page I see several links to _installing_ the project, but no
link to getting the _source_ for it.  I guess source is available and
freely licensed, just not as prominently promoted as usage, right?  Can
you help point me to its sources?

With those two data points, I am better able to assess if YouID is
suitable for packaging into Debian, which is one of my criterias.

...and even if unsuitable, or perhaps even not freely licensed, I still
appreciate its existence - then I just don't find it trustworthy,
personally :-)

 - Jonas