Re: What is an "up to date" version?

From: Story H.J. <H.J.Story@soton.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2017 07:19:49 +0000
To: "Ed - 0x1b, Inc." <w3c@0x1b.com>
CC: public-webid <public-webid@w3.org>

On 29 Oct 2017, at 03:11, Ed - 0x1b, Inc. <w3c@0x1b.com<mailto:w3c@0x1b.com>> wrote:

I would guess an up to date etag is typical for cache freshness.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_ETag

close. The Etag won't tell the local cache if it needs to update the version, it will
just be useful when making a request to ask for one where intermediary caches
can say, nothing has changed since you last looked.

Look at
https://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec14.html#sec14.6

and
https://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec14.html#sec14.9

Henry

On Sat, Oct 28, 2017 at 2:10 PM, Martynas Jusevičius