Re: WebID-DHT

From: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2016 09:11:15 +0200
Cc: W3C Credentials Community Group <public-credentials@w3.org>, "public-webid@w3.org" <public-webid@w3.org>
To: Timothy Holborn <timothy.holborn@gmail.com>

> On 3 Jun 2016, at 07:51, Timothy Holborn <timothy.holborn@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> What about extending the WebID undertaking to look at WebID-DHT - or webDHT within the WebID group.

As I understand the method of uising DHTs URLs for the keys is compatible with  WebID, and even
WebID-TLS. Actually I have looked at the different ways it can be made compatible with LDP

  https://github.com/read-write-web/SoLiD/wiki/Storing-an-Apps-Public-Key <https://github.com/read-write-web/SoLiD/wiki/Storing-an-Apps-Public-Key>

It would of course make implementations easier if the crypto ontologies were agreed on in a wider
community and standardised, though of course this is opposed by the usual people in the W3C.
Still with the Blockchain workshop coming up we may soon have a lot more cryptographers on board.

Henry