Re: Node.js WebID implementation

Hi all,

Thanks for the help!

On 09 Sep 2015, at 00:24, Nicola Greco <me@nicolagreco.com> wrote:

> you have to pass requestCert = true in the createServer options in https

Yes, that's what I'm doing. My question is about the parsing of the certificate.

>> On Sep 8, 2015, at 5:32 PM, bergi <bergi@axolotlfarm.org> wrote:
>>
>> Have you tried pubkey-login [1]? I developed it for LDApp [2]. I tried
>> it a few days ago with the latest Node.js and io.js versions. Still
>> works for me.
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/bergos/pubkey-login/
>> [2] https://github.com/bergos/ldapp

Great, that will help me pinpoint the problem.
Basically, I want to be able to do this: https://github.com/bergos/pubkey-login/blob/master/pubkey-login.js#L93 since I'm doing this https://github.com/bergos/pubkey-login/blob/master/pubkey-login.js#L85.
However, the property subjectaltname does not exist in the object returned by getPeerCertificate() (others do) when it's included in the X509 extensions. So i'm wondering wether I'm missing a parameter somewhere that makes nodejs also parse the X509 extensions properties. Could you perhaps provide an example certificate that works with your implementation?

Best,

Miel