Re: Solutions to the NASCAR problem?

On 22 November 2015 at 17:13, Henry Story <henry.story@gmail.com> wrote:

> > On 21 Nov 2015, at 07:11, Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > I'm interested hearing what's available and what's cooking:
> > http://indiewebcamp.com/NASCAR_problem
> >
> > Just the core (and links), no TL;DR BS please.
> >
> > Thanx,
> > Anders
>
> If the client has a database of identifiers the user can use, then one
> simple answer
> using WebAccessControl [1] is for the client to follow the acl Link header
> in the returned
> response to fetch information about what agents have access to the
> resource, and then
> present the user with the minimal selection of ids, if any.
>
> I am implementing something like this.

Yes, the client should be able to remember who is using it.  That's one
area of browser technology that hasnt really advanced much in the last 25
years.

This spec is promising tho:

https://w3c.github.io/webappsec-credential-management/

Then the nascar problem goes away.  Of course, there are those that might
not want the nascar problem to go away.