Re: Fwd: Linked Data Signatures spec published

On 20 January 2015 at 23:03, Kjetil Kjernsmo <kjetil@kjernsmo.net> wrote:

> On Friday 16. January 2015 09.47.03 Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> > 1. The RDF Dataset Normalization spec
> > 2. The Linked Data Signatures spec
> > 3. The Security vocabulary
>
> Very cool!
>
> I've been looking for a simple way to create a digest of RDF for the
> purpose of creating HTTP ETag validators. This appears to be overkill for
> the purpose as it doesn't need to be cryptographically strong, it just
> needs to be pretty good so that if you have two messages that have the
> semantics, they will probably have the same digest.
>
> But I suppose that since you already wrote the code, is this something
> that could be reused for the purpose?

I do this alot.  In fact I also use this to turn bnodes into UUID's, in
particular, sha-256 of the normalized RDF.

You can use the jsonld normalize() function in node for example.

I think have ni:///sha-256;<hash> URI's which are normally dereferenced at
(according to the named instance spec) /.well-known/ni/sha-256/<hash> <--
notice the decentralization here the origin is independent of the data!