Re: The WebID W3C activity. Re: Domains, Subdomains, Etc.

On 1/7/15 10:23 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> It was only when we met at TPAC, and timbl helped us, we understood
> that identity could stand alone and even that it was useful.

Identity has stood alone since the beginning of the Web, and long before :)

AWWW gave us URIs as an improvement over was historically mired is
silos, at various computing levels (network, operating system,
application). Simple example include X.500 names, ODBC Data Source Names
(DSNs), and many others.

[1] http://www.openlinksw.com/c/9CJ463NT -- Identifiers .