Re: Regarding WebID Certificate in TLS

From: Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 13:13:28 +0200
To: Henry Story <henry.story@co-operating.systems>
CC: "fumugami@gmail.com" <fumugami@gmail.com>, public-webid@w3.org
On 2015-04-24 11:04, Henry Story wrote:
<snip>

> I don't think Anders Rundgren has ever implemented WebID, LDP,
 > Web Access Control or any  of the other things that constitute
 > the working stack for which we are building this, so you can safely
 > ignore his rants on these topics.

I recently worked for a PKI company who have enabled secure authentication
using PKI to 5 millions Swedes who use this for access to bank-accounts
and public-sector (e-gov) services.

 > He has his own protocol that he wishes to sell to people

If it makes you happier I'm nowadays "selling" en entirely different protocol:
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-security/2015Apr/0012.html

> and he seems  to think that by hanging out on mailing lists and spamming them
 > he can accomplish this.

You are right, it doesn't work.  Nobody not representing the browser vendors
gets any attention which is why Secure AND Convenient Web Payment is at the
same spot as it was some 20 years ago.

> Otherwise I agree with the points he made previous to his rant.

Yay! :-)
Anders