Re: WebID verification services

From: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2014 21:19:28 +0100
To: bergi <bergi@axolotlfarm.org>
Cc: public-webid <public-webid@w3.org>
On 1 November 2014 21:11, bergi <bergi@axolotlfarm.org> wrote:

> Hi Melvin,
>
> Am 31.10.2014 um 13:48 schrieb Melvin Carvalho:
> > I was showing someone webid this week, and trying to debug using the
> > verification services
> >

> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/wiki/Test_Suite#Some_WebID_Verification_Sites
> >
> > They are all down!
> >

> >   * ResourceMe <https://resourceme.bergnet.org/test.php>
> >
> > is there but does not request a cert
> >

> Without the .php extension [1] the ResourceMe verification service still
> works. I updated the wiki page.

Awesome!  Is there any chance you could add the sha1 fingerprint?

You already have the DER part:

"The -fingerprint option takes the digest of the DER encoded certificate.
This is commonly called a ``fingerprint''. Because of the nature of message
digests the fingerprint of a certificate is unique to that certificate and
two certificates with the same fingerprint can be considered to be the
same."

https://www.openssl.org/docs/apps/x509.html

Then we can have URI's for certs such as ni:///sha-1;<hash>