Re: A WebID Implementation

On 19 May 2014 00:10, Andrei Sambra <andrei.sambra@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> Congratulations on your implementation! I just logged in with several
> WebIDs and I can say that the whole logout/login experience is pretty
> slick. Using different subdomains for authentication was a clever way of
> avoiding certificate caching.
>
> My only suggestion at this point would be to try and personalize a bit the
> user experience, after login. Say..displaying the user's name or picture
> instead of linking to "Your profile".
>
> Keep up the good work!

Really nice work!

Just to say here's some code that will do what Andrei suggests using
rdflib.js

<script src="rdflib.js"></script>

        // CORS proxy
        var PROXY = "https://rww.io/proxy?uri={uri}";

        // fetch user data
        var g = $rdf.graph();
        var f = $rdf.fetcher(g);
        // add CORS proxy
        $rdf.Fetcher.crossSiteProxyTemplate=PROXY;

        // fetch user data
        f.nowOrWhenFetched(webid,undefined,function(ok, body){
          var FOAF = $rdf.Namespace("http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/");

          var person = g.statementsMatching(undefined, RDF('type'),
FOAF('Person'))[0];

          var subject = person.subject;

          var name = g.any(subject, FOAF('name'));

          if (name) {
            console.log(name.value);

*            // do something*
          }