Re: Should WebIDs denote people or accounts?

On 18/05/2014 10:05 AM, "Sandro Hawke" <sandro@w3.org> wrote:

> On May 17, 2014 5:36:12 PM EDT, Timothy Holborn <timothy.holborn@gmail.com>
wrote:

> >Sent from my iPad

> >> Do you have a pointer to this?
> >http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rww/2014May/0022.html
> >>

> Oh, very interesting.   I haven't found an opportunity to talk to TimBL
about this specifically, but it sounds like he's thinking in the same
direction.   In that email he's very clearly showing a WebID denoting a
persona, not a person.

I think multiple persona could be linked to the same WebID-TLS cert, as the
cert clarifies a relationship between a person / agent, and a machine.
Use-case could be made to associate to a rww-storage location (for a
specified persona, linked to an approved person / agent) and perhaps also
support oauth, or similar. (Password + webid/webid-tls enabling different
persona / acls / rdf data structures)

> So far this discussion has strengthened my sense that:
>
> - WebIDs to date have been used to denote people and independent software
agents

> - Users need to authenticate and authorize a different kind of entity,
such as an account or persona.

> It seems possible to use a WebID to identify a persona/account by saying
that persona/account is a software agent of mine.   But that certainly
conflicts with what Kinsley is saying and may be too confusing.