Re: Question about "TLS CCA Session" versus "Web Session"

On 5/12/14 11:47 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:

> On 12 May 2014 16:30, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com
> <mailto:kidehen@openlinksw.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 5/12/14 9:41 AM, Timothy Holborn wrote:
>
>         If a user has a static IPv6 address, can that be linked to a
>         WebID?
>

>     Yes!
>
>     And at that point the utility of WebID re,. Internet of Things
>     (IoT) will become even clearer. Today, we are looking at WebIDs
>     and their effect on one kind of Agent i.e., a Person. There's much
>     more to come in the Machine-Machine (M2M) realm of IoT.
>

> +1000
>
> M2M is the next frontier.  Very exciting, and slightly scary! :)

Not scary if all your data (represented by RDF statement graphs) are
deemed private by default.  Thus, your ACLs (or policies) ultimately
control data access.

A genuine fear is that vendors will make your broadly accessible to
others by default using UX patterns disguised as convenience.