Re: I noticed that the BBC are using Client Side Certs recently

Hi Mo,

Seen some very encouraging work coming out of BBC.  I hear a lot about it over here in oz...

Out of interests,

Do you use WebID?  If x.509 has been decommissioned, why?

What would sway you towards influencing the use of a "webID" spec (that included a rdf uri, etc.) in an organisation (and group / industry thereof) so highly involved with ldp / linked-data...

How could identity be included into hybrid broadcasting (whether Dvb or dab), when mixed with ip, or solely ip orientated, or even in concert with the "second screen" paradigm....

I imagine being able to serve the market in association to user identity, and environment (ie: education, capacity to "remix" possibly, for educational purposes, or bbc content sales / international activities, or it's heritage related projects, etc.) has an array of potential benefits that could be significantly supported by a w3 identity standard (and related requirements)...

Also: how much influence do you have around the end-retail partners application of technology in association to your metadata-rich, content services.  What might help your influence in supporting linked-data projects generally?

Tim.

Sent from my iPad