Re: Delegated WebID paper

On 2014-05-07 00:10, Andrei Sambra wrote:
> First of all, I'm glad that we're having these exchanges and that people are waking up. The list has been really quiet over the past few months.

I didn't really seek this explosion of messages, I only wanted to highlight that
there's another and currently *much bigger* user-base of X.509 client certificates
who have turned to proprietary solutions since HTTPS Client Cert Authentication
from their perspective has too many limitation, most of them not related to UI.

I saw (still see) an obvious reason to collaborate on this since if you look a bit
deeper into the "auth" part, Paypal and Google will eclipse the promoters of the
"distributed web" since U2F really only supports the former in a useful manner.

Anyway, I skimmed your paper and found it interesting!

I have a minor comment.  Using TLS server-certificates for client-authentication will
probably require some special measures since the EKU "Client Authentication" is missing.
Is there a workaround? Yes, and that is rather using signed requests which also is what
I proposed for the standard WebID use-case and is also the method used by U2F (and OAuth?).

Anders