Re: Loosely Coupled Identification and Authentication Demo -- Microsoft IdP

On 6/30/14 8:44 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:

> On 30 June 2014 14:22, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com
> <mailto:kidehen@openlinksw.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 6/29/14 7:24 PM, Peter Williams wrote:
>
>         We cannot have a “more” list of 3 million icons. And I have no
>         intention of using an American brand (like Microsoft or
>         Google, or ...l) for anything that has the slightest value.
>
>         What do we do?
>
>     Peter,
>
>     You don't have to remember or type in a URI when accessing a
>     protected resource using the Virtualized Authentication Layer
>     (VAL) referred to in my earlier post. I've produced a screenshot
>     from my ODS (OpenLink Data Spaces) based Briefcase (our equivalent
>     of OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive etc..) that displays the
>     current authenticated identity associated with a user agent
>     session [1].
>
>     If I wanted to make a more fine-grained acl, scoped to a specific
>     URI, I would simply copy and paste that URI for use in my ACL. As
>     for users, they never need to type anything when accessing
>     protected resources, they simply click on a button.
>
>     If you wanted to use your Microsoft URI in the SAN of an X.509
>     cert you have two choices:
>
>     1. Simply generate your x.509 cert (Digital Identity Card) using
>     YouID -- take the Microsoft PdP (Profile Data Provider) route with
>     one of the following as the IdP (Identity Provider -- service that
>     stores public part of your Identification oriented Claims)
>     OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive etc..
>
>     2. Do it by hand using provider certificate generator provided by
>     relevant operating system.
>
>     Either way, our NetID-TLS (a superset of WebID-TLS) protocol with
>     handle identity claims authentication. In short, that's what
>     happens when you click on the buttons presented by the VAL dialog.
>

> Do you have a definition of NetID?

A superset of of WebID. Naturally, its part of my glossary of terms doc
[1][2].

Links:

[1]
http://kingsley.idehen.net/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fkingsley.idehen.net%2FDAV%2Fhome%2Fkidehen%2FPublic%2FLinked%2520Data%2520Documents%2FGlossaryOfTerms.ttl%23NetID