Re: Check out my profile on LinkedIn

From: <henry.story@bblfish.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 13:27:17 +0200
Cc: WebID <public-webid@w3.org>
To: Timothy Holborn <timothy.holborn@gmail.com>

On 11 Jun 2014, at 12:29, Timothy Holborn <timothy.holborn@gmail.com> wrote:

> You really need to finish that address-book you've been making...

yes, indeed.

Sorry for the Spam! it was generated by the LinkedIn Android App that I accidentally tried out, where it suggested it would
put me in contact with people I allready know on linkedIn.  I never used these tools before, and assumed that a large company
like this would be a little careful about what they did, but it seems not.

At the very least it's a great example of an app that is stupidly built by non-privacy aware company
with little scruples.

Anyway, I'll make sure to build a more carefully crafted application to help people leave LinkedIn in the near future, and regain
possession of their social networks. We're allready coding it up here https://github.com/read-write-web/wiki/wiki  using LDP, WebID,
WebAccessControl, and other cool W3C standards.

Sorry for the inconvencience of not having finshed this yet,

	Henry

> Sent from my iPad
>
> On 11 Jun 2014, at 8:19 pm, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:
>

>> From Henry Story
>>
>> W3C WebID XG chair at The Apache Software Foundation
>> Paris Area, France
>>

>> I'd like to add you to my professional network on LinkedIn.
>>
>> - Henry
>>

>> Confirm that you know Henry
>>

>> You are receiving Invitation to Connect emails. Unsubscribe
>>  2014, LinkedIn Corporation. 2029 Stierlin Ct. Mountain View, CA 94043, USA

Social Web Architect
http://bblfish.net/