Re: LDP Interop via CIMBA and Virtuoso

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 11:23 AM, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 22 July 2014 15:31, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On 21 July 2014 23:15, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
>>
>>>  All,
>>>
>>> Here's an example of how interoperability enhances our collective quest
>>> for a read-write dimension to the Web based on open standards from the W3C
>>> such as:
>>>
>>> 1. URIs  -- for denotation
>>> 2. HTTP -- for content lookup and access
>>> 3. HTTP URIs -- for denotation and connotation (naming and meaning/sense
>>> lookup combined i.e., just like terms in natural language)
>>> 3. RDF -- language for subject, predicate, and object based sentence /
>>> statement construction (representable using a variety of notations)
>>> 4. LDP -- for Read-Write operations via standardized HTTP interaction
>>> patterns .
>>>
>>> Basically, we took CIMBA (and LDP based application developed by Andrei
>>> and Sandro Hawke) and deployed it using an instance of Virtuoso (with the
>>> ODS-Briefcase module enabled) [1]. Following deployment (which lead to some
>>> tweaks of Virtuoso HTTP server's LDP implementation and a fork of CIMBA [2]
>>> which exposes our tweaks), we now have a long required LDP based RWW
>>> interoperability demo.
>>>
>>> Links:
>>>

>>> [1] http://ods-qa.openlinksw.com/DAV/home/kidehen/Public/profile2.ttl#i -- An HTTP URI (aka., WebID) that denotes me
>>>
>>> [2] http://ods-qa.openlinksw.com/DAV/home/kidehen/Public/profile2.ttl -- A Turtle document that describes me
>>>
>>> [3] https://ods-qa.openlinksw.com/DAV/home/kidehen/rww-demo/ -- My Dropbox provided folder (collection) mounted to my ODS-Briefcase (which delivers Linked Data Functionality to Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, Amazon S3, Box., Rackspace, WebDAV etc.., provided storage).
>>>
>>> [4] http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2Fns%2Fpim%2Fspace%23storage -- alternative view of the description of the <http://www.w3.org/ns/pim/space#storage> relationship property (or predicate)
>>>
>>> [5] http://bit.ly/1zYifYA -- WebID description via a Linked Data browser (for better reading)
>>>
>>> [6] http://ods-qa.openlinksw.com/cimba/index.html -- Live CIMBA instance deployed using Virtuoso (with ODS-Briefcase module enabled)
>>>

>> Great stuff!  Awesome to see two independently developed RWW spaces that
>> can interoperate with each other, and decentralized identity.  A world
>> first? :)
>>
>> - It logs me in.  Great!
>>
>> - It pulls in my feed.  Great!
>>
>> - It pulls in my friend's feeds.  Great!
>>
>> Slight issue:
>>
>> I get the following message, instead of a status box.
>>
>>   You're almost there! Now you just need to create a channel for your
>> posts.
>>
> I think that's caused by the (missing/different) link to storage space. If
the app does not detect that link to a generic storage space (<
http://www.w3.org/ns/pim/space#storage>), then it will complain. I'm
getting a similar warning.

> One other thing
>
> Logging in to http://cimba.co
>
> I can find 3 profiles for you ( 1 normal, 2 QA) in webizen, but I cannot
> find any channels in them.  When I click your name, I get the spinner which
> never completes.

Same issue as above. CIMBA is trying to find channels by looking at the
WebID profile document to find a space:storage relation. The new CIMBA
version we're currently working on will have more friendly warnings. By the
way, do you mind opening an issue ticket on github, so we keep track of
these things? Thanks! :)

-- Andrei

>>> [7] https://ods-qa.openlinksw.com/DAV/home/kidehen/rww-demo/dropboxhostedblog/ch2/ -- behind the scenes look at the artifacts generated by CIMBA using LDP based RWW oriented HTTP interactions (if you click on the "login" link it will reveal a WebID authentication dialog that supports various authentication protocols e.g., WebID-TLS, TLS, Google+, Microsoft Live, Dropbox, Persona, OpenID  etc..).
>>>

>>> You can try the CIMBA instance yourself. All that's required are the following:
>>>
>>> [1] a WebID that resolves to a WebID-Profile document
>>>
>>> [2] a WebID-Profile document that includes:
>>>    -- an RDF based statement that associates your WebID with the Public Key of a locally installed X.509 certificate via an RDF based <http://www.w3.org/ns/auth/cert#key> <http://www.w3.org/ns/auth/cert#key> relation where your WebID denotes the relation subject and your public key the relation object
>>>    -- an RDF based statement that represents an <http://www.w3.org/ns/pim/space#storage> <http://www.w3.org/ns/pim/space#storage> relation where your WebID denotes the relation subject and your preferred storage location URI/URL denotes the relation object
>>>
>>> [3] an X.509 certificate and associated Private key installed to your local keystore/keychain -- this certificate should include have your WebID as the object of the SubjectAlternativeName (SAN) relation (i.e,, the value of the SAN field) which is ultimately used by the WebID-TLS authentication protocol which is basically a TLS handshake enhancement that leverages RDF based Linked Data (i.e., RDF where IRIs take the form of HTTP URIs).
>>>
>>> <{your-webid}> <http://www.w3.org/ns/pim/space#storage> <http://www.w3.org/ns/pim/space#storage> <{your-ldp-container-url}> .
>>>
>>> In my case, in regards to this particular showcase, it takes the form:
>>> <http://ods-qa.openlinksw.com/DAV/home/kidehen/Public/profile2.ttl#i> <http://ods-qa.openlinksw.com/DAV/home/kidehen/Public/profile2.ttl#i><http://www.w3.org/ns/pim/space#storage> <http://www.w3.org/ns/pim/space#storage> <https://ods-qa.openlinksw.com/DAV/home/kidehen/rww-demo/> <https://ods-qa.openlinksw.com/DAV/home/kidehen/rww-demo/> .
>>>
>>> Please provide feedback if you encounter any bumps or euphoric successes. The goal here is to demonstrate the powerful interoperability that AWWW enables in regards to the Web's nascent Read-Write dimension. Ideally, this showcase SHOULD be repeatable using any platform that supports:
>>>
>>> 1. WebID based entity denotation
>>> 2. WebID-Profile documents for entity identity claims description
>>> 3. WebID-TLS based authentication of identity claims