Re: Publishing updated spec documents.

On 2/25/14 1:14 PM, henry.story@bblfish.net wrote:
> On 25 Feb 2014, at 18:15, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2/25/14 11:17 AM, Andrei Sambra wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I would like to formally invite everyone to review the current version of the specs for WebID [1] and WebID-TLS [2] so that we can have a formal call this Friday (Feb 28th), at the usual time [3]. The purpose of this call will be to agree on the contents of the new documents so that the editors can finally publish them.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Andrei
>>>

>>> [1] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/WebID/raw-file/tip/spec/identity-respec.html
>>> [2] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/WebID/raw-file/tip/spec/tls-respec.html
>>> [3] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/wiki/Main_Page#Meetings
>> Andrei,
>>

>> Wouldn't it be prudent to separate these items in regards to voting? By that I mean, #1 shouldn't be delayed if voting for #2 is inconclusive, for instance.
>>
>> We really need to get #1 out, as soon as possible.
> I think both documents are a huge improvement over the previous ones. These
> are not last call documents, but they do deserve to replace what we have now.
> Are there any issues you see with #2?

I don't have issues with either, my fundamental concern is that they
shouldn't be conflated in any way i.e.., #1 can be released before #2,
if need be.

I just want the docs out there.

Our biggest challenge right now is the decoupling of WebID (the HTTP URI
that denotes an Agent) from the WebID+TLS authentication protocol, which
is ultimately one of many protocols that will be used to verify WebIDs.

Kingsley