Re: Switch to HTTPS Now, For Free

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 15:35:16 -0400
To: public-webid@w3.org, Story Henry <henry.story@bblfish.net>
On 9/26/13 2:34 PM, Nick Jennings wrote:
> In my opinion, (ie. for my use-cases) the value of an SSL cert is just
> to prevent MITM attacks and the like. Having an "officially issued"
> cert also gets rid of the annoying acceptance pop-up that you get from
> self-signed certs.
An artifact of browser implementations.

Henry:

Do you have a list of issue tracker URLs for the reports that have been
lodged over the years, for each of the major browsers? I think it time
for us to collectively push the browser vendors to do better by X.509
and TLS re. UI/UX.

Twitter/Identi.ca handle: @kidehen