WebID discussion in Debian

From: Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 19:50:18 +0200
To: public-webid <public-webid@w3.org>
Hi,

A discussion at the Debian developers' mailinglist touches WebID, with
sceptical input from one of our "wise guys", Russ Allbery.

I think it might be helpful if someone knowledgeable on WebID crypto
details read https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2013/05/msg00886.html
and consider if relevant to clarify some details.

NB! Please beware it is a looong thread where WebID is only *briefly*
touched: While helpful to "clue us in" on specific details, I suspect it
high risk of being misunderstood as "hijacking the conversation" or even
"spamming" if expanding to educate us more generally on the virtues of
WebID.

Best would be a short, sharp input, preferrably referencing hardcore
documentation on the topic, I think.  Unless Russ' judgement is fully
correct.

 - Jonas