Re: Cert Ontology

W dniu 19.03.2013 11:02, Melvin Carvalho pisze:

> On 19 March 2013 10:54, Dominik Tomaszuk <ddooss@wp.pl
> <mailto:ddooss@wp.pl>> wrote:
>
>     W dniu 19.03.2013 10:27, Melvin Carvalho pisze:
>

>         On 19 March 2013 10:20, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net
>         <mailto:henry.story@bblfish.net>
>         <mailto:henry.story@bblfish.__net
>         <mailto:henry.story@bblfish.net>>> wrote:
>

>              On 19 Mar 2013, at 09:49, Mo McRoberts
>         <Mo.McRoberts@bbc.co.uk <mailto:Mo.McRoberts@bbc.co.uk>
>              <mailto:Mo.McRoberts@bbc.co.uk
>         <mailto:Mo.McRoberts@bbc.co.uk>__>> wrote:
>
>               > curiously, the ASN.1 modules for RSA and DSA (in the
>         context of
>              PKIX) differ in terms of naming…
>               >
>               > where RSA speaks of 'modulus' and 'publicExponent', DSA is
>              exclusively 'p', 'q', and 'g' for the parameters and 'y'
>         for the key
>              itself.
>               >
>               > I can't help but wonder if consistency should perhaps
>         outweigh
>              friendlier naming (such that 'p' in an DSA key structure
>         maps to 'p'
>              in a set of RDF triples).
>               >
>               > rdfs:label and rdfs:comment within the ontology of
>         course can go
>              a long way in clarifying things…
>
>              This seems to be what the XMLSIG standard does
>
>         http://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-__core/#sec-DSAKeyValue
>         <http://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-core/#sec-DSAKeyValue>
>

>         Nice find!
>
>         So we could simply go with g p q x y
>
>         They all seem to be : ds:CryptoBinary (which is the same as the RSA
>         exponent)
>
>     +1
>

>         So this I think would match to our use of xsd:hexBinary for all?
>
>     I do not think so. Some values should be xsd:int
>

> It would be nice, but i think xsd int can only store 32 bits or so, and
> we'll need at least 100+ for each of these.
>
> xsd:int I think can only safely be applied to an RSA exponent
OK, I don't focus on limits of xsd:int. So maybe unify all properties
connected to DSA and RSA? There are two possibilities:
1. use xsd:base64, pros: XSD datatype
2. use ds:CryptoBinary, pros: compatibile with XMLSig. Note that this
datatype is based on xsd:base64.

Regards,
Dominik 'domel' Tomaszuk

--