Re: Cert Ontology

On 18 March 2013 19:44, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:

> On 18 Mar 2013, at 18:08, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> On 17 March 2013 22:31, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:
>

>> On 17 Mar 2013, at 21:56, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> http://www.w3.org/ns/auth/cert
>>
>> "The modulus of an RSA public and private key. Or the modulus of a DSA
>> Key."
>>
>> Yet there is no class for a DSA public key.
>>
>> It would be great if this could be added as I'm currently looking into an
>> integration between WebID and a payments system that uses DSA.
>>

>> Sounds like a good idea. Would be worth opening an issue for.
>>

> Thanks for the advice, Henry.  I've opened an issue.
>
> Could we break down what needs to be done to get this actioned, are there
> any bottle necks?
>

> There is probably very little to do. One needs to look at how DSA keys can
> be described, write out those relations, verify them, and then add them to
> the ontology.

Ah good.

Well as you know, RSA keys are described as follows:

Private key description: (n, d) is the (modulus, private key exponent)
Public key description:  (n, e) is the (modulus, public key exponent)

In DSA as per:

Private key description: (x, g, p, q) is the (private key, generator,
modulus, sub-group order)
Public key description: (y, g, p, q) is the (public key, generator,
modulus, sub-group order)

Source:
https://www.dlitz.net/software/pycrypto/api/current/Crypto.PublicKey.DSA._DSAobj-class.html
Source:
https://www.dlitz.net/software/pycrypto/api/current/Crypto.PublicKey.DSA-module.html

So I think the naming is doable.  To start with what do you think of the
terms:

g=generator
p=modulus
q=subGroupOrder