Re: Adding a pointer to a WebID in a GPG pubkey

Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com> writes:

> On 27 August 2013 21:04, Andrei Sambra <andrei.sambra@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I think the main topic here is WebID discovery by embedding a triple
>> pointing to a WebID inside a GPG key. You can also consider it as an
>> alternative authentication method, specific to GPG's web of trust, since
>> you would use GPG keys instead of certificates. It is very similar to
>> WebID-TLS, where your public key (which is published on a key repository)
>> contains a pointer to your WebID profile, and your profile document
>> contains an RDF representation of the public key.
>>

> Just set the keyserver field to be your profile.  IIRC, it's a little known
> fact that GPG lets you do that ...

It would be much easier to access, but as Jonas pointed out it is note
very convenient to reuse a field that has a function, to do something
else.

I think what we'd need here really, is to use OpenPGP notations (RFC
4880), which seems to be a way to extend the OpenPGP pubkey with
metadata... but I can't really figure out yet if this is really used
anywhere... :-/

Hth,

Best regards,
--