Re: WebID questions -- was: [dane] Call for Adoption: "Using Secure DNS to Associate Certificates with Domain Names For S/MIME"

On 9/27/12 9:39 AM, Ben Laurie wrote:

>>> What do you mean by this?
>>
>> There is a relationship between an resource owner entity, a document entity,
>> and an acl rule (another entity) that enables resource access control, which
>> in my world view is a capability.
> This is pointless. Capabilities have an accepted definition and they
> are provably not equivalent to ACLs.

If this helps you, as per my comment in an earlier post, I am not using
ACLs. For instance, if I constrain access to a resource using a policy
that only permits access to identities in a specific relationship with
Henry Story (denoted by his WebID), how would that be construed as an
simply being an ACL? That's logic in action.

Instead of us arguing about labels, lets talk about entity relationship
semantics and their implications when combined linked data graphs etc..
Ultimately, that's what this is all about.