Re: WebID questions -- was: [dane] Call for Adoption: "Using Secure DNS to Associate Certificates with Domain Names For S/MIME"

On 9/27/12 8:45 AM, Ben Laurie wrote:
> I've talked about many issues with WebID, why do you think privacy is
> my sole concern?
>
> My point was this: if your response to a desire for privacy _amongst
> many other things_ is "then don't use WebID" that seems like a
> deficiency in WebID to me, and one that makes it a lot less
> interesting to me.

Do we agree that privacy is about self-calibration of one's
vulnerability, in any realm?

A WebID is an Internet- and Web-scale verifiable Personal Identifier
that takes the form of a de-referencable URI.

Once you have verifiable identity in place you can calibrate
vulnerabilities associated with resources (data) you expose to the Web
and/or Internet.

I encourage you to tell the folks at Google to take WebID very
seriously. That's my first and last hint to Google re. this matter :-)