Re: Perceived issues with TLS Client Auth

On 9/27/12 6:34 AM, Henry Story wrote:
> I don't think we should expect everyone to write Turtle ( though I think as part of a logic course at high school that would be a great idea ), but that does not mean we should assume people have no intelligence at all. And certainly we should not try to act as if they did not have any either, and we should not use the pretext of a too quickly assigned mental level - that marketing folks like to promote to people they sell advertising to - in order to remove people's freedom.

Note, when I make reference to write Turtle by hand [1][2][3], its
purely as a basis for:

1. understanding Linked Data concepts modulo distractions such as:
     - domain name ownership
     - dns access and admin privileges
     - http server access and admin privileges
     - entity name disambiguation matters associated with http: scheme
uris when used as entity denotation (naming) mechanism

2. appreciate the benefits of tools.

I just want to be crystal clear about the reasons behind my view that:

1. people should learn the basics of Linked Data via a simple Turtle
document
2. ditto the basics of the WebID authentication protocol.

All my staff and kids (bar my 5 year old that's getting close) can read
and write simple Turtle documents. The can create simple digital
sentences that claim:

## Doc Content Start ##

<#i> like <#that> .
<#i> know <#thatPerson> .
<#i> made <#that> .

## Doc content end ##

After that, they open up a Linked Data browser and just can't stop
expanding what started off as a very basic experiment re. self
expression. Especially, when the understand the power of cross
referencing URIs from DBpedia etc..

>> >See above.
> Don't underestimate people's intelligence.

Amen!

Links:

1. http://bit.ly/NYwGCd -- basic Turtle template
2. http://bit.ly/SBDmXr -- describing stuff you like via a simple Turtle