Re: [saag] Liking Linkability

From: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 20:16:42 +0200
Cc: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>, Robin Wilton <wilton@isoc.org>, Ben Laurie <benl@google.com>, public-identity@w3.org, public-webid@w3.org
To: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>

On 24 Oct 2012, at 19:51, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:

> On 10/24/12 11:20 AM, Henry Story wrote:
>>
>> On 24 Oct 2012, at 17:09, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>>  - webfinger does indeed give a method to dereference a mailto: uri, which could be used for a WebID protocol.
>>>
>>> the current draft of webfinger allows dereferencing a mailto: URI ... in fact it is anyURI
>>
>> WebFinger is a dereferencing protocol, but not an authentication protocol, and as such it could possibly be used with WebID over TLS.
>>
>> Henry
>>
>> Social Web Architect
>> http://bblfish.net/
>>
> Henry,
>
> We already use it with acct: or mailto: scheme URIs that serve as WebIDs in our implementation of the WebID Authentication Protocol (WAP). Basically, these URIs resolve to entity-attribute-value graphs expressed in XRD or JRD format which we then transform into RDF graphs. The aforementioned transformation adds the requisite     entity relationship semantics required for WAP conformance.
>
> This simply requires implementers to take responsibility for the following:
>
> 1. Webfinger protocol incorporation  for URI resolution
> 2. RDF graph generation from XRD or JRD resources .

yes, that is something we can work on adding to the spec. But that is work by itself, and we need
more people to implement it. We are just about getting to the point where people are implementing
the current spec correctly, and the spec itself still needs work.

I think this is somehting we can discuss a road map for at TPAC.

> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Kingsley Idehen
> Founder & CEO