Re: WEbID Todos

From: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 14:08:32 +0200
Cc: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>, "public-webid@w3.org" <public-webid@w3.org>
To: Ben Laurie <benl@google.com>

On 8 Oct 2012, at 13:48, Ben Laurie <benl@google.com> wrote:

>> There is a different dialog in each browser.  I think henry has screenshots
>> of them all.
>>
>> If you look at this screencast:
>>
>> http://webid.info/
>>
>> From 4m30s -> 6m00 It will show you some of the different UIs
>
> You miss my point: if the advice is that to remain unlinkable, don't
> use a cert, then how do I log in to a site I want to log into but do
> not want to give the ability to link me to other sites?

You use other technologies

  - username/password which you create for that site
  - per site keys http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/81/slides/tls-1.pdf [1]

is that not evident?

Henry

[1]  except that the criticism of TLS is mistaken:
       + authentication across sites is important
       + the ui could be fixed easily
      but we discussed this in detail allready )

Social Web Architect
http://bblfish.net/