Re: Browser UI & privacy - a discussion with Ben Laurie

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2012 12:29:42 -0400
To: Hannes Tschofenig <hannes.tschofenig@gmx.net>
CC: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>, "public-webid@w3.org" <public-webid@w3.org>, public-identity@w3.org, "public-philoweb@w3.org" <public-philoweb@w3.org>, Ben Laurie <benl@google.com>
On 10/4/12 12:04 PM, Hannes Tschofenig wrote:
> You are too focused on your WebID idea.
>
> Everyone can easily create new protocols on the fly that do all sorts of things. Getting them deployed is a completely different story.
>
> I am interested to discuss privacy topics that are of more general applicability. If this exchange is only about promoting WebID then I focus on other work instead.
The idea and challenge is Web-scale verifiable identity. The Web already
exists. Its Linked Data dimension exists. WebID (once again) is a Linked
Data application aimed at addressing the challenge of Web-scale
verifiable identity, via the combined use of logic and existing
technologies such as HTTP, TLS, and PKI.

Link:

1. http://bit.ly/O4LNKf -- How to create and control your own Web-scale
verifiable identity.

Twitter/Identi.ca handle: @kidehen