Re: [webid-spec-proposal] WebID definition spec changes for 3. MUST be an HTTP(s) URI

On 11/23/12 3:25 PM, Stéphane Corlosquet wrote:
> Hi Henry,
>
> On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 3:39 PM, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net
> <mailto:henry.story@bblfish.net>> wrote:
>

>     On 22 Nov 2012, at 20:31, Stéphane Corlosquet
>     <scorlosquet@gmail.com <mailto:scorlosquet@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>>     Just so people have something to look at when making their
>>     decision and pondering arguments, I've created a branch on hg
>>     where I pushed a proposal of the identity spec showing how WebID
>>     identity *could* be defined as a generic HTTP URI. You can view
>>     the full identity spec at:
>>     http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/WebID/raw-file/generic-http-uri-definition/spec/identity-respec.html
>>
>>     The diff is at:
>>     https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/WebID/rev/bcfb6bdd04c8
>
>     It looks simpler, but that is because you have lost the relation
>     ship now between the WebID and the
>     defining document. Doing that is going to take a lot more work if
>     we have to speak about 303s... So
>     your work is incomplete.
>

> The key sentence that you might have missed is in the definition of
> the WebID profile document [4]: "A WebID Profile is an RDF document
> that is found by dereferencing the WebID HTTP URI". The point here is
> to rely on HTTP to discover the Profile Document.
>
> Steph.
>
> [4]
> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/WebID/raw-file/generic-http-uri-definition/spec/identity-respec.html#dfn-webid_profile
>

>>     I've added these links to the last section of the wiki page [1].
>>
>>     People who showed interest in such generic HTTP URI definition
>>     are encouraged to take a look and see if it's aligned with what
>>     they had in mind (Kingsley, Ted, Trueg, Nathan, etc...).
>>
>>     happy Thanksgiving!
>>     --
>>     Steph.
>>
>>     [1] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/wiki/WebID_Definition/hash
>
>     Social Web Architect
>     http://bblfish.net/
>

> --
> Steph.
Steph,

To tighten things up a little, please change the following text in the
first paragraph below the illustration:

The WebID URI - http://www.w3.org/People/Berners-Lee/card#i - is an
Identifier that refers to person or more generally an agent, in this
case to Tim Bernsers Lee.

To:
The WebID URI - http://www.w3.org/People/Berners-Lee/card#i - is an
Identifier that denotes a person or more generally an Agent, in this
case the person Tim Bernsers Lee.

To the degree this is relevant, I would change:
He can also publish one or more relations to Principals used by
different authentication protocols. More information on WebID and other
authentication protocols can be found on the WebID Identity
Interoperability page.

To:
His published profile data also enables authentication using a variety
of authentication protocols. More information on WebID and other
authentication protocols can be found on the WebID Identity
Interoperability page.

Again, major thanks and appreciation for the time invested in preserving
and protecting the dexterity and interoperability of this endeavor. We
don't fix the massive silo problem by creating our own silos, as you
clearly understand.