Re: LDP Interoperability

From: Alexandre Bertails <bertails@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 23:14:34 -0500
To: nathan@webr3.org
CC: public-webid <public-webid@w3.org>, Henry Story <henry.story@gmail.com>
On 11/22/2012 01:19 PM, Nathan wrote:
> Alexandre, All,
>
> I've seen you mention LDP interoperability many times, I agree it's very
> important.
>
> A) Every LDPR is compatible WebID 1.0.
> B) Every WebID 1.0 Resource is compatible with LDP.
>
> You want (A), but you are asserting (B) in order to argue for a
> #fragment constraint.

Not exactly.

1. The LDPR would concern only the WebID Profile. With hash URIs for
WebIDs, the distinction (aka. avoiding http-range-14 for WebID) would
be made by design.

2. The relationship with LDP is basically: don't paint yourself in the
corner by making a choice that would introduce some incompatibility
with LDP. That's because 303s and HTTP POST/PUT/DELETE don't play nice
together.

Alexandre.