Re: Hash vs Hashless URIs

From: Jürgen Jakobitsch <j.jakobitsch@semantic-web.at>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 13:19:34 +0100
To: Andrei SAMBRA <andrei.sambra@gmail.com>
Cc: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>, public-webid <public-webid@w3.org>
On Wed, 2012-11-21 at 00:24 -0500, Andrei SAMBRA wrote:
> You need to understand that in this case, adding a few constraints
> helps us to achieve this goal. This matter is not about personal
> preferences, but about valid reasons why several decisions were taken,
> decisions which are above all about scalability/performance.

hi andrei,

the above and all arguments in favour of #-uris very strongly remind me
of a base-class, if you allow me this analogy from a coder's
perspective, where we are debating things that should be part of a spec
(vulgo interface).

please also note once and for all : i'm -1 on putting one kind of uri
(hash or no hash) into the spec as long as there are no technical or
logical reasons that exclude one or the other. i do not consider
performance or "cannot implement 303" a technical reason.

;-) please also note that i'm not payed by anyone for the above
commitment

wkr turnguard

--
| Jürgen Jakobitsch,
| Software Developer
| Semantic Web Company GmbH
| Mariahilfer Straße 70 / Neubaugasse 1, Top 8
| A - 1070 Wien, Austria
| Mob +43 676 62 12 710 | Fax +43.1.402 12 35 - 22

COMPANY INFORMATION
| web       : http://www.semantic-web.at/
| foaf      : http://company.semantic-web.at/person/juergen_jakobitsch
PERSONAL INFORMATION