Re: Principals

On 20 Nov 2012, at 22:39, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> More for reference purposes, since it isn't going into the WebID spec.
>
> WebDAV Access Control Ext. Spec [1]:
>
>      A "principal" is a distinct human or computational actor that
>      initiates access to network resources.  In this protocol, a
>      principal is an HTTP resource that represents such an actor.

you can see that this is already confused.
  1. it says a principal is a distinct human or computation actor
  2. that a principal is an http resource that represents an actor.

Which is it? The resource that represents the actor, or the actor?

In my view the terminology there is trying to get at something, but in
a pretty confused way. I tried to break that apart earlier today here:

 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webid/2012Nov/0158.html

> Translation:
>
> A data object that represents a human or computational actor (e.g. software agent). This representation is achieved as follows:
>
> 1. data object ID is a resource URL
> 2. data object representation is an entity relationship model based description graph

What types of graphs are there?
  - description graphs
  - ... ?