Re: [webid spec] overview section

From: Nathan <nathan@webr3.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 20:52:39 +0000
To: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
CC: public-webid@w3.org
Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> On 11/20/12 2:50 PM, Andrei SAMBRA wrote:
>>

>>       I think it may be useful also to explain how these WebIDs can
>>     then be used to
>>     create social networks - across servers. ( I can send a graphic of
>>     interlinked WebIDs for
>>     that ).
>>

>> Isn't this out of scope for the spec? It's up to each of us to decide
>> how we want to use WebIDs.
>
> It's okay for a conceptual guide. Such a guide should have a least one
> usecase scenario. The moment to get a profile graph from the
> de-reference of a WebID you are in social web/network  territory.

WebID 1.0 is getting to the point where there's almost nothing to
specify, it's a one liner of words which equate to "a dereferencable URI
for an Agent", everything else I see is just padding, so may as well be
padding which shows how WebIDs can be used, imho - if we're gunning for
adoption here that is.

Something I haven't noticed (may have missed), is any text which shows a
distinction between an Agent Identifier, and an Identifier for a
UserAccount, like twitter or g+.