Re: New WebID spec on identity.

On Nov 19, 2012, at 04:06 PM, Stéphane Corlosquet wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 3:55 PM, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Sorry if I've missed something, but could you go over the benefits of having, say
>>
>> http://graph.facebook.com/dave
>>
>> over
>>
>> http://graph.facebook.com/dave#
>

> Have you checked the Facebook paper from Jesse Weaver and Paul Tarjan at http://semantic-web-journal.net/sites/default/files/swj282_0.pdf ?
>
> But more importantly, the question here is not about deciding which one is best, but whether we should pick one or instead leave it open so that people can implement whichever approach they prefer, and simply rely on the nature of HTTP.

+1000.

As I said earlier, I see strong arguments on both sides,
hashed and hashless.

I do not see any compelling arguments for choosing either
side over the other.

Ted

--
A: Yes.                      http://www.guckes.net/faq/attribution.html
| Q: Are you sure?
| | A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
| | | Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?

Ted Thibodeau, Jr.           //               voice +1-781-273-0900 x32
Senior Support & Evangelism  //        mailto:tthibodeau@openlinksw.com
                             //              http://twitter.com/TallTed
OpenLink Software, Inc.      //              http://www.openlinksw.com/
         10 Burlington Mall Road, Suite 265, Burlington MA 01803
     Weblog   -- http://www.openlinksw.com/blogs/
     LinkedIn -- http://www.linkedin.com/company/openlink-software/
     Twitter  -- http://twitter.com/OpenLink
     Google+  -- http://plus.google.com/100570109519069333827/
     Facebook -- http://www.facebook.com/OpenLinkSoftware
Universal Data Access, Integration, and Management Technology Providers