Re: New WebID spec on identity.

On 19 Nov 2012, at 15:04, Andrei SAMBRA <andrei.sambra@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I've started drafting the new WebID spec, which deals exclusively with identity. It should reflect what we discussed at the last teleconf. You can see the latest draft version here: https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/WebID/raw-file/tip/spec/identity-respec.html

I have updated the picture and put Tim Berners Lee as the example.
I think it is really important to have a real person be the reference of the WebID for explanatory reasons. People need to be able to do an http GET on a real URI and see that it actually does work. They must also know that the person in the real world exists, because otherwise we have to create a fictional character, and there will be a tendency for that fictional character to be thought of as just a diagrammatic person - making it difficult to help people distinguish between symbolic elements and real elements.

Henry