Re: Gaining WebID Adoption

hi,

here are my two cents...

1. webID is closely coupled with foaf

the problem here is that there's no real use for foaf profiles.
facebook, google plus, linked in and so on are not using foaf profiles in any
way, may be for internal use somehow, but there's no way, at least not to my
knowledge to load a foaf profile into one of these sites to gain something.

the effect is that not even everybody in the semantic business has a foaf profile.

so there seem to be two solutions to this :

either make people want to have a foaf profile so that first step towards creating
a webID is already taken or give people a reason why they should take the
foaf profile hurdle to get a webID.

either possibility can be achieved by getting one of the big players to be interested
in webID (sergey, did you ever hear of webID?)

2. the linked data issue

the issue what to do with non-hash uris is somehow still open.
personally i think that talking about linked data and not adhering to it's principles is not
a good idea. it's like degrading "linked data" to a buzz-word...

wkr jürgen