To: timbl@nxoc01.cern.ch (Tim Berners-Lee)
Subject: X/motif browser status
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 91 22:34:18 CST
From: connolly@pixel.convex.com

The AVS help system is all but finished.

I went back tonight and tried browsing WWW files.
My html2rtf converter is still a little rusty, but
other than that, it works well.

Features I've implemented since I last wrote you:

* multiple fonts (with menu options for changing them)
* colored text
* full color raster images

I've been considering the idea of building this thing on a Sparc
and sending you the binary for evaluation. I _might_ have time
before the end of the year. Would you have time to look at it?
Is it worth bothering, considering we don't have an agreement
about the source?

I used to keep up on the hypertext newsgroups, WWW, and WAIS mailing
lists, but for about two months now, I've been too busy. The AVS project
is winding down. I should be able to start thinking about using WWW or
WAIS technology (or both) some time soon.

Keep in touch.

Dan
----

I know I got a copy of my files (on a tape!) when I left Convex, and I
copied them to a zip drive at one point. Unfortunately, I don't recall
where I put the zip drive.

As to FineWWW, I expect others here in the Web History Community Group know
better than I do.

Continued good luck with your search...

--
Dan