Gopher fun (was: Web History Timeline Project)

Writing  about Gopher reminded me of a recent tweet pointing to this gopher screenshot:

https://img.skitch.com/20120912-ngisqd334mgxt64q7x1kb2tdyr.jpg

I tried to see if the Voice of America feed was indeed still running. Googling around for gopher resources, I installed the Overbite extension to firefox, and went on to try the list I found on http://www.friends-partners.org/partners/aboyle/path/gopher.html to find that most gopher:// links are down including Voice of America

But the extension links to gopher://gopher.floodgap.com/ which has many working links (but most with little historical value). Still, a bit of web history right there running in my browser!

Max.