Re: Quick straw poll on future WG meeting modes (F2F / hybrid)

> On Feb 8, 2022, at 12:48 PM, Vladimir Levantovsky <vladimir.levantovsky@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Folks,
>
> As a follow up to today’s Zoom call discussion:
> W3C is trying to assess the overall level of interest in conducting the next TPAC (planned for Sep. 12-16, 2022) as an F2F / hybrid meeting with the physical meetings venue being Vancouver, Canada. Since this WG had typically held its F2F meetings co-located with other industry events / conferences, I would like to make an assessment on our collective desire to resume F2F gatherings in more general sense – including, but not limiting these considerations to TPAC only.
>
> In order to make this assessment, I’d like to ask you to respond to this email considering the following aspects:
> 1)      Your personal readiness to join physical meetings (your willingness to travel, concerns, risk assessment, etc.);

I have no idea when it will be safe, so I have to assume “not safe until demonstrated to be safe” and therefore say I am not willing to join a physical meeting at this time. (But who knows! Maybe things will change!)

> 2)      Your organization policies (travel policy restrictions, vaccine / testing requirements, etc.)

Right now, our organization policies are “no travel” and this policy is in place indefinitely. I have no idea when it will be lifted.