Re: Asymmetric networks (ADSL)

The bottleneck is definitely the downstream bandwidth and also the round
trip times. For example for patch subset the number of request bytes is
~2.5% of the total response bytes sent. Given that I don't believe using
the assumption that up bandwidth = down bandwidth will have a material
impact on the simulation results.

One of the limitations of the data set that I derived the network models
from is that it only has information on download bandwidth. So if we do
want to incorporate asymmetric speeds then we'll have to guess at some
approximate ratios between up and down or find an alternate data
source which does have that info.