Re: Average Font Size in the Simulation

Yeah, I'll re-run the numbers and get percentiles instead of the average.

That's correct Chris, I calculated the size as woff2's because that's what
the baseline of Whole Font uses. This size measure is meant to give context
to the % reductions vs the baseline. Since it might be interesting I'll
generate the size distributions for both the TTF and the WOFF2 version of
the library.

Small correction, neither patch subset or range request use WOFF2, but both
use Brotli compression (via http content encoding, or the patch encoding).
Brotli is responsible for the majority of savings in WOFF2 so this is a
pretty minor distinction. On that note though I actually want to experiment
with using the woff2 glyf table transformations before computing patches in
patch subset. I think that could get us a couple more percent reduction in
transfer sizes.