From: "Levantovsky, Vladimir" <Vladimir.Levantovsky@monotype.com>
Date: Tuesday, May 22, 2018 at 9:43 AM
To: "w3c-webfonts-wg (public-webfonts-wg@w3.org)" <public-webfonts-wg@w3.org>
Cc: Christopher Chapman <cchapman@adobe.com>
Subject: New member from Adobe

Folks,

I hope you all are doing great, and are getting anxious in anticipation of the news about the WebFonts WG. This email is just a quick update that we have a new member, Christopher Chapman from Adobe, who has just joined our [temporarily dormant] WebFonts Working Group. Christopher, can you please introduce yourself to the group?

As you all know, our prior extended charter has ended in the end of April 2018, and the current draft charter (http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/webfonts-2018.html<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2FFonts%2FWG%2Fwebfonts-2018.html&data=02%7C01%7Ccchapman%40adobe.com%7C9e26727c83cf45cbd74c08d5c0031a63%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636626041943251502&sdata=ceDHZEmCeH0CG4vqA5XnN%2BoccdaPyPX9s%2BjbpDaoQhA%3D&reserved=0>) is being developed and not yet approved. When the charter is approved, we will all have to rejoin the WG to renew our ‘vows’ and IP commitments, but we don’t have to wait for that to happen to get to know each other better (and please feel free to submit comments on the current draft charter, if you have any).

Thank you,
Vlad

P.S. Christopher and I are complete strangers, but he does resemble someone who had the same exact name and worked for Monotype for well over ten years. I’d be surprised if he happens to be the same guy, who is an expert in all aspects of fonts and font technology, and whose knowledge and expertise would be a very valuable asset for this WG.