Re: Moving forward with the next project

On 3/19/2018 4:42 PM, Ken Lunde wrote:
> Vladimir,
>
> My management has tasked me with completing a form on Adobe's end in order to move forward with our participation in the next project, which is about dynamic augmentation of webfonts. I know that you're working on a charter for this project, and in case it helps to put that together, I will need answers for the following five items:
I can help with the first two:

> 1) Open Standard Organization (e.g. OpenSSL, Open Pegasus, etc.):
The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)

> 2) What agreements do you need to sign to participate in the Open Standard? Please describe and provide a link to the forms:
When a W3C Member organization joins a W3C Working Group, the Advisory
Council (AC) Representative makes a commitment on behalf of that
organization to the W3C Patent Policy for the work that is in scope of
the charter.

https://www.w3.org/Consortium/Patent-Policy-20170801/

A useful summary

https://www.w3.org/2004/02/05-patentsummary.html

Ken, for Adobe the AC Representative is Alan Stearns. In addition to
helping explain the W3C chartering process, I am sure he can explain to
you whatever internal steps are usual.

> 3) Please provide a brief description of the scope of the requested participation:
(We are still working on the details of that one)

--
Chris Lilley
@svgeesus