Re: Sort known-tags list?

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 10:41 AM, Levantovsky, Vladimir <
Vladimir.Levantovsky@monotype.com> wrote:

>  It's actually a great idea.

That could have been handy.  As speced, the tags are grouped by font
specification (e.g. OpenType, TrueType, Graphite, etc), proposal below.

https://docs.google.com/a/google.com/spreadsheets/d/111MT0l7LOVqotAnMXD4PMOm36jTPSznUigJPfxUYY_0/edit#gid=1719432850

I could be misunderstanding, but wouldn't it be possible for the
implementation to achieve the same effect with an internal map (sorted tag
list => tag id map)?  Plus, fonts do not (typically) have that many tables,
right?

>   Not too late from the spec point of view but early implementers will be
> affected - do you guys okay with making this change or would rather keep
> things as they are today?

Yes, this would set the early real-world testing back quite it a bit (by
months), and thus would come at quite a cost.  Would it really be worth it?

 Thank you,