RE: DSIG and other issues

Thank you Sergey, this is definitely a good news!

-----Original Message-----
From: Sergey Malkin [mailto:sergeym@microsoft.com]
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2014 11:52 AM
To: Levantovsky, Vladimir; Jonathan Kew; David Kuettel
Cc: Behdad Esfahbod; Chris Lilley; w3c-webfonts-wg (public-webfonts-wg@w3.org)
Subject: RE: DSIG and other issues

_I_ am not aware of any Microsoft code that is affected by presence or absence of DSIG, except decision what icon is presented to user in fonts folder. We don't also require or verify validity of DSIG in system APIs or applications. DWrite functionality is definitely not affected by DSIG.

There were other reasons (not related to DSIG) for layout features or other functionality that should apply to any OpenType font, not working for CFF fonts in some applications. These problems were caused by other reasons, like details of GDI APIs dealing with non-TTF fonts differently for compatibility reasons. But this code in applications is fixed now, as I understand.

Thanks,
Sergey