Re: WOFF2 file extension and media type

Hello Vlad,

Monday, June 30, 2014, 7:38:18 PM, you wrote:

> Please go ahead and add the Media Type appendix to the spec and once
> you have it edited, you can safely commit it to the CVS ( and please
> email it to me so that I have the latest copy to work with until I
> resolve the CVS issues).

The updated editors draft is here
  http://dev.w3.org/webfonts/WOFF2/spec/
and the new appendix is at
  http://dev.w3.org/webfonts/WOFF2/spec/#IMT

Its a copy of the one for WOFF 1.0 (because that incorporated feedback
in the WOFF 1.0 timeframe and resulted in a successful registration)
updated to change WOFF to WOFF 2.0, to make the media subtype be
woff2, and changes to the mention of compression (Brotli instead of
gzip).

I also added a paragraph to "interoperability considerations"
stressing that WOFF 1.0 and WOFF 2.0 may be deployed in parallel.

--
Best regards,