Re: WOFF2 file extension and media type

Thank you Chris and Vlad.

For Google Fonts, we are serving the font files with a .woff2 extension and
with a mime type of "font/woff2". So a big +1 for recommending the ".woff2"
extension in the specification.

As part of our early testing/verification ~50% of the Google Fonts
collection are currently being served as WOFF 2.0 for Chrome 36 (which is
in Beta).  Things are looking good so far.

This email is a great reminder that I need to double down on capturing the
benefits of a new top-level font/* mime type.  It would be great to start
this process in parallel...